Monday, November 10, 2008

Why the NBA?

Long ago in a long forgotten place, I was busy handicapping the NFL when it suddenly dawned on me that the NFL season just doesn't have a sufficient number of games to present itself as a truly profitable venture. It was then that the NBA came a calling. 30 plus years later and after trying every handicapping angle and technique known to man, I am consistently nailing NBA pointspread winners with my Matchup Handicapping approach.

There is a very famous saying in golf: “drive for show, putt for dough.” Well, this saying is analogous to handicapping and wagering in the NFL and NBA. Because of the greater number of games in an NBA season compared to an NFL season (about 4 times the amount of plays), when it comes to handicapping and betting, I maintain the NFL is for show and the NBA is for dough. While the NFL is certainly the more popular betting venue, a bettor wins much more money with a winning NBA season compared to a winning NFL season. Of course, handicapping the NBA is a much more arduous task given there is a slate of games on almost every day of the NBA season and the NBA playoff season extends well into June.

The challenge of the NBA is my advantage because I invest the time and energy every day of the NBA season to consistently pick winners with Matchup Handicapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment